Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hello internets

Did you miss me?

I am back from sunny and hot Redlands, CA where we had our Annual Conference gathering. It actually got up to 113 on one day! Although I took my bike, I did not get out on it - the days were too long for me to get up too early to beat the heat.

I did get training in though. I love my new HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) watch. I can now start reporting my levels of effort to you the faithful reader. So look for that in future posts.

After feeling a bit sick early on (see below), I seemed to improve and got a double in on Friday. I did 45 min of upper body work and treadmilled for 30 mins. I had planned to run for 18 and walk for 12, but the wear and tear (and stomach issues) did not allow that. Wound up with 10 min of running to 20 min of walking, but I did not stop which counts for something.

Saturday, I did 15 min of lap swimming in the pool. The swimming will need to be a big emphasis for me coming into the summer months.

Other than that - ate pretty well and didn't gain any weight - a plus considering that every meal but one at AC was buffet style and also offered multiple desserts!

No comments: