Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Eighty divided by seven...carry the one...

Holy schnikies! (who else misses Chris Farley terribly?) 11 weeks from this Saturday is the race! It was just 100 days three weeks ago! Curse you Father Time and your constant march towards tomorrow!

Okay, so yesterday was a recovery after my late night double workout shenanigans on Monday. I did 35 minutes of bike with an average HR of 142, a max HR of 154, with 33 min in zone.
Then I ran on a treadmill for 11:16 with an avg HR of 155 and a max HR of 174. What does this tell us? Well, that running is far more vigorous and fatiguing. It will become a focus of mine over the next couple of weeks, included in my double workouts.

Accountability time: Devo wants me on 3 double workouts a week (30-60 min of a specific exercise immediately followed by 30-60 min of a second type). So I am structuring my week intentionally like this:

Mon: Double: elliptical/upper body - completed
Tues: Recovery: Ride 35 min - completed
Wed: REST
Thurs: Double: Paddle board/Run
Fri:REST
Sat: Double: Run/Ride
Sun: Long Ride

Look for postings on these and hold me accountable.

A

No comments: