Saturday, June 7, 2008

Gear Check

Am I ready to roll?
Bike. Check.

Shoes. Check.

New Saddle w/ gear bag. Check.

Safety gear. Check and Check.

The last two are what I really wanted to talk about. The phone is a cheapy prepaid cell from Virigin Mobile called the "Aloha." It cost me ten bucks and I only have to recharge my minutes every three months. I keep it in my bag for emergencies. I call it the "Bike Phone" and it even has its own outgoing message. This was a great alternative to carrying around my Palm Treo which is not only bulkier, but much more costly to replace if lost.

The second picture highlights the blue band on my wrist, below the Livestrong band (thank you Andrea from 24 Hr Fitness where ever you are) which is my RoadID. The RoadID has my name, my wife's cell (blurred out, sorry internet), as well as instructions for first responders if I could not speak for my self. There is a serial and pin number on the back that someone could use to find my emergency contacts, allergies, donor plans, blood type, and medical history. It may very well save my life someday and I am proud to wear it.

No comments: