Friday, May 30, 2008

Oh yeah - the upper body

We started our upper body routine, mostly cable isolation exercises using the full arm extended (with some tri extensions worked in the mix), yesterday and man is my left shoulder tired. It has what I affectionately call a "click" which I had checked by Dr. Shoaee three years ago. He said it was an issue that I will have and live with. It does not cause pain, but it is a weaker muscle and fatigues WAY faster. So the upper body routine kicked my butt. But I am grateful that we are starting it now so that I can build up that strength for swimming while we are still 106 days out. Topped it off with 30 mins of riding, and then crunches (50, 30, 25, 20, 10 (unweighted)). So I am relaxing today, eating well, and looking forward to my road ride tomorrow.

No comments: