Thursday, May 29, 2008

The course ahead:

For those of you unfamiliar with the Malibu Tri, it is a rather unique Sprint distance (due to the bike and run turn around points. Here is the course:



Start off with a great half mile swim through the Pacific ocean along Zuma beach. The start is about halfway between the street the church is on and Trancas Canyon which we live up.


The bike course starts down Zuma, goes under PCH by Busch street (which is where the gym I train at is) and then all the way up to Leo Carillo State Beach and back. There are three major hills north of Trancas that you cross coming and going. Right now the toughest for me is the one coming out of Leo Carillo, southbound on PCH. But it is also my favorite ;) I have ridden this course in full already and train on the hills section twice a week. I expect it to be my strongest leg at this point.

The run is along the strand of Zuma beach. I fully expect the dolphins to be swimming along cheering me on like a scene out of Flipper.

No comments: