Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What I have been up to...

Two days gone, two days swum!

Yesterday, I took my lunch and went to the newly cleaned and resurfaced Community Pool at Malibu High School and swam for about 20 min (with about 10 min of resting in there as well) and then jumped out, put on some bike clothes and rode my mountain bike up around Philips and into the hills behind the school for 30 min. I felt great after a good double.

This morning I got up early and joined the Masters Swim Class at the pool at 6. There were about 35 people out swimming and the coach, Frank, asked me to just do laps to gauge my endurance, build it up over time, and then work into fuller routines. I wound up swimming 60 lengths or 1500 meters with my longest being 8 continuous. While the distance was great, what really made my day was that the coach encouraged me by saying, "You have excellent form...and now we just need to work on your overall endurance." Yay me! No bad habits to unlearn. I was afraid I would look silly out there having never been on a swim team (except for that summer where I split my head open on the bottom of the pool on my first day of practice).

No comments: