Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ouchie Report

That is what they call them at the Nursery School.

So...playing at a pool party celebrating our confirmation class. Went down the slide head first and caught the tiled end of it just as I lowered my head to dive in.



Nice little gash* to the forehead, just above the brow line. I voted for superglue and a little TLC. The persistence of my wife and others paid off and I went to the ER where I got...











15 stitches! 4 of them under the surface as it got close to the subcutaneous layer. :)


I am fine - no OWS** for me till the stitches are out. Although I may be trading seeing the Incredible Hulk for having this done by an actual physician per my wife's hopes ;)



A HUGE thanks to Bruce, Mary, and Tabitha for taking such good care of me *KISS KISS KISS to you alll!!!!


*from emedicinehealth.com:
"The term laceration implies a torn or jagged wound. Lacerations tend to be caused by blunt trauma (such as a blow, fall, or collision). Cuts and lacerations are terms for the same condition.

The term gash can be used for more dramatic effect because it implies a longer or deeper cut."


**Open Water Swimming

1 comment:

RevErikaG said...

That'll look real pretty on stage in Redlands next week! :)